OSRS QUEST GUIDE : TEARS OF GUTHIX
MEMBERS/FREE TO PLAY
- Level 20 Crafting
- Level 20 Mining
- Level 49 Firemaking
44 Quest Points
None, but be prepared for damage from Wall Beasts (level 49) if you don't have a spiny helmet
- Any light source (such as a candle, torch, lantern, mining helmet etc) or 1,000 coins
- Unlit Bullseye Lantern (this does not count towards your light source)
- Rope (if you've never entered the Lumbridge Swamp Caves)
- Spiny helmet
- 1 Quest Point
- 1,000 Crafting XP
- Access to the Tears of Guthix cave
QUESTS UNLOCKED AFTER COMPLETION
START OUT BY...
1. Head to the Lumbridge Swamp dungeon. (It's where the red exclamation mark is on your mini-map).
2. If you've never been to this dungeon before, use your rope with the cave entrance to gain access. (Once you've done this, you won't need to do it again the next time you wish to enter). Also, if you don't have a light source, you can buy a candle for 1000 coins from the guy hanging around nearby.
3. Once you're in the dungeon, be careful of the Wall Beasts which will deal damage to you if you don't have a Spiky Helmet. Keep heading southeast until you find a small stream with stepping stones you can use to cross over.
4. You should see giant frogs hopping about. Keep going south a little bit and you'll see another cave entrance. Enter it. There should be a long straight-forward path.
5. Follow the path all the way, climb down the rocks, keep going a little way until you see Juna.
6. Juna will tell you about the Tears of Guthix and agree to let you collect them if you have a special bowl.
7. Use your sapphire on the unlit Bullseye Lantern to make a Sapphire Lantern. Then light it with your tinderbox.
8. Climb back up the rock wall (the one you just climbed down from) and keep going until you see Light Creatures flying about in the dark abyss to your left. (Don't go back out into the previous room with the frogs. If you have, you've gone too far).
9. Use your Sapphire Lantern on the Light Creatures and one of them will approach you and carry you across the abyss.
10. Once on the other side, mine one of the rocks to get a magic stone. Then use your chisel on the magic stone in your inventory to craft a stone bowl.
11. Now use your Sapphire Lantern on the Light Creatures again to fly back across the abyss, and talk to Juna. She will take your stone bowl and keep it for you so you won't have to craft a new one every time you return.
Congratulations! You now have access to the Tears of Guthix mini-game.